Johnson NgSoftware Developer @ Snappymob | Malaysian
The thrill of intellectual discovery satiates my desire to know, and it is a never-ending process, for new knowledge leads only to more questions.
I am a software developer who works mainly with web technologies. I am interested in teaching, programming, software/web design, or devops. Almost all of my computer-related skills are self-taught. Go further down to see what I have to offer. Do feel free to contact me either for enquiries, or if you would like to further discuss about what I can do for you.
- Rebuilt our company website for our rebranding project using NuxtJS, with a strong focus on accessibility (a11y).
- Built the backend for a SaaS product using NestJS and TypeScript.
- Planned and set up the networking architecture for the above project on AWS, using Docker, ECS and Fargate, and employed best practices of security through our architecture.
- Lead the backend team for the above project, keeping our goals clear, our team members informed, and our deliveries on time.
Voluntary Frontend Web Developer
- Streamlined cloud setup with Docker.
- Modularized and documented custom plugins for Superset.
- Provided clear vision and clarified developments of Superset to manager.
- Acted as advisor for new team members: provided advise on usage of git and code cleanliness
Junior Data Analyst
Ontario Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change, Ontario, Canada | EAASIB, Financial Assurance and Brownfield Services
- Dealt mainly with statistical analysis of workload and Record of Site Condition trends.
- Automated generation of regularly-reported statistics.
- Automated annual cleanup of project tracking Excel worksheet.
- Streamlined input of project data into project tracking Excel worksheet.
Undergraduate Research Assistant
Dr. Malissa M.M.
- Meta-analyzed over 1000 articles.
- Collected, organized, and analysed data collected from selected articles.
- Self-studied statistical models.
- Worked with Nuxt.js, the front-end framework for the project.
- Worked with Pixi.js for rendering game-related frames on a HTML canvas.
- Project is comprised of 4 microservices: game core, database, API, and front end.
- Brought visual life of the project to the team through basic knowledge of product design.
- Learning how to use Jest for unit testing.
- Uses Gitlab pages and Gitlab CI to deploy the site.
- Uses Jekyll, a static-site generator written in Ruby.
- Planned and designed site from the ground-up, using industrial practices.
- Written bash scripts to improve experience of writing new blog posts.
- Uses Gulp.js to automate various tasks, such as asset minification.
- Experienced solving and thinking about various problems, such as search (algorithms, approaches, and interface) and string parsing.
- Creating a API library, API server, and CLI, currently entirely in Rust.
SecretarySunway Taekwondo Club, Sunway University, Malaysia
- Digitized member records, utilizing online forms that registers members into a database.
- Later served as advisor for the Executive Committee of the year 2015.
PresidentHua Lian Taekwondo Club, Hua Lian Secondary High School, Taiping, Malaysia
Mathematical Studies (major), Pure Mathematics (minor), Actuarial Science (minor)University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada
Actuarial ScienceAmerican Degree Transfer Program, Sunway University, Bandar Sunway, Selangor, Malaysia
SOA/CAS Exam P/1
SOA/CAS Exam FM/2
Tools of the Trade
Skills & Knowledge
Hobbies & Interests
Miscellaneous Achievements & Other Prides
This aside from the masonry layout,
everything else in the CV is handcrafted
with the power of templating in